Tuesday, January 18, 2011

...A Year's Worth of Reading

I've devised a reading list of books I want to get through this year. I call it "The Hippie List" because most of the books were either written or recommended by self proclaimed hippies. Anway, here it is-if you have any books you recommend, let me know!

* Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
* The Trial by Franz Kafka
* Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
* Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley
* Coraline by Neil Gaiman
* Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson (didn't know the movie was based on a book)
* One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
* On the Road by Jack Karouac
* The Dharma Bums by Jack Karouac
* Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman (poetry): Also the name of a really good movie starring Edward Norton
* Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (I'm tired of feeling like the only person who doesn't know anything about Don Quixote!)
* Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (didn't know there was a book until I saw the movie)
* The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
* Siddharta by Herman Hesse
* Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse
* The Bhagavad Gita
* Confession of a Buddhist Athiest by Stephen Batchelor
* anything I can get my hands on written by the Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment